End of the Year Clean-up ProceduresApril 17, 2017
Optimize Your Reception Desk with FengshuiJune 26, 2017
Taking the proper security measures can be one of the best steps in protecting your school. Below are eight points that are extremely important to check on regularly.
- Visitors – Think about your visitor check-in system. Is there anything you can do to improve the process? Are there ways to make it easier for the visitor and more convenient for the front desk worker?
- Weapons – What is your protocol for weapons on campus? Does everyone know their roles? Who calls the police, who locks the doors, who guides the students, etc?
- Fire – Don’t forget your regular checks on fire alarms and extinguishers. Make sure everyone know the protocol and has practiced.
- Cameras – Check that cameras are not being blocked by trees or something else. And make sure they are working!.
- Stopping intruders – Is your security trained to physically handle an intruder? Do you have someone ready to lock doors, etc?
- High risk locations – It’s extremely important that you have cameras or personnel in areas where someone can be bullied but hidden from everyone else.
- Evacuation – When was the last time you practiced and/or questioned staff on what to do if you need to evacuate?
- Protecting students and teachers – More and more students are catching information and/or embarrassing situations on camera. Students can post on social media or do worse with image editing. You need to learn how to control a situation that is vulnerable to being caught on camera.
If you have anything to add to the list, please comment below.